Sunday, December 22, 2013

kid stuff

The boys have been saying and doing some silly things lately that has kept us all laughing:

Gabe at the table on Thanksgiving after we explained how a wishbone works: "If I get the big part, I want to become a duck.  Don't tell anyone."

Gabe after school: "Mom!  I was skipping today.  And I'm really good at it even though I'm not a girl!...Why are you laughing?"

Zach, responding to Gabe saying some mean words to him: "Dad!  Gabe's voice is being bad.  Take it away, dad!"  (with the tone of an announcer)

And we've been getting firmer with Zach (our picky eater) about what he eats.  He's down to one PB sandwich a day (from 5) and then has to eat whatever we give him.  Today he ate his first ever grilled cheese.  But first demanded that we put salad on it.  I never thought I'd have to beg a child to eat a grilled cheese.  At least he likes salad.  Last week he at pasta for probably the 3rd time in his life.  He needed PB to dip the noodles.  Baby steps...

Zach also has resisted showing us that he is learning things like his letters.  We will ask what a letter is and he will start being silly.  We've wondered if he's having trouble learning or what's going on.  Well, it seems he's learning just fine.  He wrote his full name, ZACH, last night without asking for help.  The only letter he acknowledges knowing is Z.  So, we've been tricked.  We believe he may even have a book written and ready to be published.





1 comment:

  1. Precious shared stories! Made me smile and laugh with you!

    ReplyDelete